Posted on 12. Feb, 2013 in Uncategorized
I don’t know about you but having a few go to healthy breakfast options is a must for this mom. Otherwise the all too familiar and “easy” toaster waffels, french toast sticks, bagel with creme cheese will dominate the menu.
I work healthy options in to the meal plan. I don’t force the issue but try and live a healthy lifesytle and know that our son goes for the healthy option most of the time. Here are a couple breakfast options that work for our “picky” eater:
Gettin enough fruits and veggies is always a challenge. This one can be used anytime breakfast, lunch, snack.
Last one is like a dessert for breakfast! I don’t know about you but nothing brings back childhood memories than the taste of a creamsicle. This is a protein packed version without the sugar!
- 1 cup cold pure coconut water, without added sugar or flavor (see Tip)
- 1 cup nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 cup frozen or fresh mango chunks
- 3 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- 2 cups ice
- Blend coconut water, yogurt, mango, orange juice concentrate and ice in a blender until smooth.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: Look for pure coconut water without added sugar in the refrigerated section near other flavored waters or near shelf-stable waters and natural fruit juices.
Let me know what you think or better yet did these go over well with your kids!